Pilgrim: June 21-26 (Age 9-11)
Ages 9-11; June 21-26
The Pilgrim Session at BBC is geared to help campers have fun and learn more about God as revealed through Jesus Christ, themselves, nature and the community around them. This session aims to complement their elementary school experiences. Campers are encouraged to try new activities to stimulate emotional and social growth. To facilitate community among these youngsters Pilgrim session spends a lot of time together as a large group developing the feeling of community, love, fun and adventure in a safe atmosphere. All Camp activities include…
- JUMP START
- POND TIME
- GROUP GAMES
Other activities are geared to foster community, relationships and time outside within each shelter:
- Meal Times: Each meal is cooked over the fire at shelter sites.
- Shelter Chats: sharing together as a shelter group.
- Cabin Challenges: creek hikes, geocaching, service adventure, cooperation course, disc golf.
- ALL CAMP GAMES: Shelters work together against other shelters to win all-camp games such as the Amazing Race.
Individuals are encouraged to grow and friendships flourish in all activities. A typical day during Pilgrim week goes something like this…
- JUMP START – A morning gathering where the whole camp comes together to gear up for an exciting day, sing songs and receives a nugget to ponder from the camp shepherd.
- Shelter Chats – A time to hear from your counselor and fellow campers and share from your own life as you develop a community with your shelter.
- Cabin Challenges: An adventure for your shelter to enjoy as a team: anything from conquering the creek hike to completing BBC’s cooperation course.
- INTEREST GROUPS: campers choose between creative corner, drama, archery range, outdoor adventure, ukulele’s, origami, slingshots, gardening and a variety of others.
- POND TIME: spending time with the entire camp catching salamanders and other aquatic life, rocking the pond, kayaking, jumping on the water trampoline, balancing on the log, and oh so much more.
- GROUP GAMES: the entire camp gathers to play games as Octopus, elbow tag, capture the Frisbee, NED, and additional games that are unique to Bethany Birches Camp.
- FIRESIDE: to close out the day the entire camp meets at the Overlook, the Pavilion or the Old Orchard to sing songs, see skits, and talk with the Camp Shepherd about the theme for the day.
No day looks the same during Pilgrim week. Each day has a special theme…
- Wet N Wild Wednesday: Polar Bear Swim, Water Balloons, Slip N Slide, Jump Contest, Cookout at the Pond, Group Games at the Pond.
- Messy Monday: Pig Trough Ice Cream, Muddy Olympics, No Silverware, Sock Boppers
- Theatre Thursday: Campers, Staff and Counselors share there gifts, jokes, songs and skits with the entire camp at Camp at the Cinema
- Terrific, Tidy Up, Twin Tuesday: ends with an all camp game!
The week finishes up with Fun Filled, Fire Free, Favorite, Farewell Friday
- Campers pick their favorite activities
- Participate in a Theme Event such as Christmas at Camp, Science Fair, etc
- Share the week with family at Friday Night Fireside
The week is stimulating and exciting for a child with any interest from any background and we work hard to assure campers a memorable week of friendship, fun, and faith in God’s great outdoors…We can’t wait for you to join us!