Position: Lead Cook
Job Type: Full-time, seasonal
Total positions hired: 1
Duration: 9 weeks, early June to middle of August
Application Deadline: March 1
Job Description: This person directs the kitchen including and not limited to ordering food, planning menus, overseeing staff and volunteers and may also help with food prep.
Requirements: Our Lead Cook is a person who works well with others, plans ahead, is disciplined in spending and makes good food. They have at least experience cooking and ideally experience running a kitchen or in administration.
- Order food according to projected number of participants for a week and budget
- Prepare, cook, clean, guide others – the kitchen is your domain
- Work closely with Executive Director and supervise cooks and volunteers
- Create schedules for all of your direct reports (cooks and volunteers)
- Know sanitation and abide by VT Health Regulations
- Do sanitation training for all involved in food service
- Supervise counselors in food preparation out at the shelter sites
$3000 – $5000 (for 9 weeks) Commensurate with experience
Room and board available
How to Apply:
- Fill out the short application
- Short phone call with Brandon
- Fill out the full application with references
- Official skype or in-person interview
- Come work at camp!
Contact Brandon with questions – 802-672-5220 or firstname.lastname@example.org