It’s true. Occupancy for the Bethany Birches Cabin has been granted. Here’s the proof, in fact.
This post is about the people who made it happen and what happened. THANK YOU!
- About a year ago we were informed we’d need to stop using the cabin April 1, 2012
- The board and I struggled to find a way forward – including how to pay for the upgrades
- Many people gave of their financial resource generously. Without these folks, we couldn’t have done it: First Congregational Church of Woodstock, Doug and Becky Clemens, Dave and Beth Anders, Blooming Glen Mennonite Church, Bernard Sippin and many others.
- $75,000 poured in over just a few months.
- $65,000 has been spent and we’re done meeting the requirements! We expect to use the “extra” toward a few details in the cabin and any additional toward the upcoming Pavilion replacement. Please do write to me (Brandon) if you’d prefer your gift to be allocated differently.
- The fire marshals were kind and flexible and helped us create a building that is much safer in case of fire.
Some of the people: (THANK YOU)
- Robert Buchan – helping with permitting and lending knowledge
- Paul Derksen & Dave Beidler – carpenters working at a discount seeing the project through
- Bergey’s Electric – giving materials and sending retired veterans
- Harold & Esther Bergey, Herb & Janet Frederick – the retired vertans
- Mike Bryan – overseeing the electrical at a discount
- Many volunteers came to help
- The Horsts (Earl, Merle, Mike & Clifford Horst)
- Joanne & Ken Hershey
- Leon Kratz
- Andrew Moyer
- Matt Haritoonian
- Greg Jenne
- Gerry Hawkes
- Kristopher Blanchard
- Scott Hepler
- Dave Doria
- Tom & Gail Smith
- Mary Jane Crockett
- Margaret Campbell
- Diane Root
Some pictures from the first first stage
Some pictures from the second stage:
How the lofts look upon completion: