Ages 6-8; Jul 26 – 28
The Friendship Session at BBC is geared to help campers learn more about God, themselves, nature and the community around them. For some Friendship campers it is the first time staying overnight in a new place. All activities are done in groups of 4-8 led by a counselor. To facilitate community among these youngsters and foster social growth Friendship session spends a lot of time together as a large group developing the feeling of community, love, fun and adventure in a safe atmosphere through activities including:
- Firesides: The entire camp gathers to sing songs with motions, see skits, and hear stories from the camp shepherd.
- Group Games: Each camper joins in playing games on the ball field: Elbow Tag, relay races, Tunnel Tag, Scavenger Hunt, and other games unique to BBC.
- Pond Time: First Time swimmers enjoy games in the shallow area, while experienced swimmers jump on the water trampoline and swim to the floating dock.
Small group community and individual attention is given to campers within shelter groups. Many activities are done as shelter groups including…
- Meal Times: Counselors cook meals over the fire at shelter sites
- Shelter Chats: Counselor and camper’s share stories related to the week’s theme
- Activity Time: Shelters move as a group through activities including making Pet Rocks, cooperative activities, Supersizd Board Game, Tee Pee Time, puppets, quilting, learning about nature, silly songs, and a variety of other activities.
- A hike to the PINES for Fireside
- Eating ice cream out of the Pig Trough
- Making S’mores over the fire
- Slip N Slide
- Sponge Race
- Loving and Caring Counselors and Staff
- Encouraged Growth Toward God
The week is stimulating and exciting for a child with any interest from any background and we work hard to assure campers a memorable week of friendship, fun, and faith in God’s great outdoors…We can’t wait for you to join us!