Position: Summer Administrator
Job Type: Full Time, Seasonal
Total Positions Hired: 1
Duration: 8 weeks; typically the 3rd weekend in June through the second weekend in August. (May go longer, or start earlier if possible)
The summer administrators job is vast and relates to administrative procedures including all types of office chores and cleaning.
- Medical administration if nurse is not available
- Help with Medication intake at registration if nurse is not available
- Print and prepare all necessary documents for upcoming registrations (week prior)
- Process registration monies
- Update camper records according to changes (cancellations etc.)
- Enter registration checks
- On call for miscellaneous camper’s health needs that arise (taking campers to the hospital or other nurse station duties)
- Be available to be with any camper who is having a hard time and needs someone to be with
- Organize the interest group sign-ups
- Create report for the kitchen of upcoming food allergies if cook cannot do this
- Post pictures to Facebook
- Send texts to parents
- Enter donations into Campwise (if Margaret hasn’t been in lately)
- Print and mail birthday cards
- Compile prior weeks evaluations and analyze data and report to PD
- Check phone messages for staff and develop method to get messages to them at appropriate times
- Assist Video Producer on Fridays finishing DVD production*
- Be available to help with various aspects of camp!
Must be capable of working well with a computer and understand basic finance.
- Either hourly or salary, depending on how many days available and regularity of those days. If salary, like counselor rate:
- $80/week additional if participating in staff matching
- More cash if you raise it as part of staff matching
- Scholarship money for school if you return for more than one summer
- Counselors who participate in staff matching go home with $1900-$2400 for the 8 weeks
- Room and board available.