Assistant Program Director
Job Description: The Assistant Program Director (APD) at Bethany Birches works closely with the Program Director and Program Extraordinaires to lead the BBC program. The APD provides leadership to the BBC Program and ensures the program is created and carried out in ways that share Jesus with each camper. The APD should also lead the program to provide campers with a positive memorable camp experience. This position is responsible for the safety of the campers in the absence of the Program or Executive Director.
Reports to: Program Director
Direct Reports: Interns, Assistant Counselors
The APD should have a deep desire to share God’s love with those around him/her, especially campers. The APD should enjoy leading large groups of campers and also be equipped to aid counselors in working with difficult campers. The APD should relate well to others and seek to bring out the best in the summer team. This person should be a good communicator and listener. The APD should be creative and energetic. The APD should be able to juggle multiple tasks at once while holding the camper experience as the priority. This person should be able to articulate a faith founded on Jesus Christ both in words and actions.
Duties: (This list will be modified/added to throughout the summer)
- Implement the summer program by providing (or scheduling) transition and instruction for each activity
- Creating and developing new program activities.
- Liaison between summer staff and Program Director
- Provide feedback to continue to improve summer program
- Meet with Program Director as regularly scheduled each week
- Supervise and communicate with Assistant Counselors and Interns.
- Coordinating Program Schedules (Lifeguarding, Group Games, CC Leading, Cabin Challenges)
- Coordinate and communicate schedule with kitchen.
- Ensure Program Set Up/Tear Down in timely fashion (ie: Mud Pit, Cinema, etc)
- Cooperation Course Facilitator.
- maintain a safe environment at all times
- have fun
- 1 weekend in the early spring according to schedules of APD and PD
- 13 weeks: 4 weeks pre summer, 8 weeks of summer, 1 week post summer
PLUS Room and board PLUS Incredibly lots of fun, memories and relationships to last a lifetime
|How to Apply|
Contact Dan with questions – 802-672-5220 or email@example.com