|Job Type||Full-time, seasonal|
|Total positions hired||1 (male or female)|
|Duration||8 weeks; typically the 2nd weekend in June through the second weekend in August|
|Job Description||The position of floating counselor exists to give lead counselors longer breaks to rest during the week. While relieving a counselor the floating counselor will be responsible for the fun quotient, safety and discipline of the group of campers. When not relieving a counselor the floating counselor will assist the program extraordinaire with program prep, leadership and clean up.|
- Take time to know the different groups of campers you lead
- Communicate well with all counseling staff to be aware of various needs, camper issues and schedule.
- Cook meals over camp fire and involve campers in the cooking
- Participate in worship and lead Bible study times
- Guide campers through activities being aware of your campers whereabouts, activities and behavior
- Maintain a safe environment at all times
- Perform assigned clean up and set up duties
- Aid program staff in leading/implementing program activities.
- Lead Wilderness Weekends
- Develop a job description for this position
- Brainstorm schedule formats for this position.
- Miscellaneous tasks according to Directors
- Attend daily meetings, occasional weekend events and staff enrichment exercises
- Have fun
|Requirements||The floating counselor should have experience with the BBC program. This person should have a deep desire to share God’s love with those around him/her, especially campers and counseling staff. This person MUST be FLEXIBLE and exhibit great leadership, creatively interact with youth, be responsive to the direction of leadership and desire to serve the community of BBC. Minimum age: 19|
- $80/week additional if participating in staff matching
- More cash if you raise it as part of staff matching
- Scholarship money for school if you return for more than one summer
- Counselors who participate in staff matching go home with $1900 – $2400.