Welcome to Bethany Birches Camp
Whether you’re staying at Dale’s Lodge, in the woods or the BBC Cabin we’re glad you’re planning to stay at camp. Bethany Birches, at its core, is a Christian Children’s Camp. Our mission is to help young people develop their relationship with God by providing them with a Christ-centered camping experience in a natural and nurturing environment. You can learn more about our mission and work on the website (bethanybirches.org). Because of the nature of the camp, we long for renters to experience rest, relaxation and good times. We cannot allow excessive drinking and partying, illegal activities or anything else that is disrespectful to others, whether they be in your group, camp staff or camp neighbors. If any of this is hard for you to agree with, consider looking elsewhere for lodging. Please list your name below to acknowledge what is written above. You also acknowledge by listing your name that you are the group coordinator and will communicate these policies with the rest of the group. You also acknowledge that you are over the age of 25 and have read the policies below for renting facility at Bethany Birches Camp (also available online at bethanybirches.org/rental/facility-rental-policies) and agree to abide by them while your group is here. Finally, you acknowledge that you will be charged for any damages to the facilities that were caused during your stay. Bethany Birches will provide the facilities you have booked for the dates listed on your invoice and rental agreement. Those details have come to you by email.
Bethany Birches Camp – Rental FYI and Policies:
Thanks for your interest in staying at Bethany Birches. Bethany Birches primarily serves as an overnight, summer youth camp. Renting the property helps subsidize our summer program so low-income campers can come to camp too. Below please find helpful information to know as you consider renting the Bethany Birches Facilities.
Age: Rental Group Coordinator must be 25 or over.
- We have a strict policy. Alcohol is not allowed to be present when youth activities are happening.
- Outside of youth program alcohol in moderation is permitted. However, there should be NO public display of alcohol use (meaning alcohol must be kept in the pavilion and cabin).
- Bethany Birches Camp is no place for drinking parties. If loud, rude, crude partying is observed the group will be asked to leave without refund.
- Any cost for repairs or cleaning incurred while alcohol is present will be charged to your credit card.
- While beer and wine is allowed, liquor is not.
Cell Phones: We don’t get reception, for better of for worse. There is a phone in the cabin for your use.
Check In: 3pm.
- If you need an earlier check in, please inquire with your camp staff contact. If early check-in is possible, an hourly rate would be charged.
- A credit card is required on check-in. A hold is placed on the card in case of any damages ($200 for cabin, $500 for rest of camp). This card is also charged if damages exceed $200.
Check Out: 11am.
- If you wish to check out later, please check with your camp staff contact. We can offer a pro-rated hourly rate for late check outs or early arrivals if there are no other rentals or programs conflicting.
- If you are planning to get your cleaning deposit back, you must be finished cleaning by check out time.
- Before leaving (even if not doing the cleaning yourself):
- Tie trash bags and take them to the dumpster.
- Please wash all dishes and return them to where you found them.
- If you moved furniture, please move it back to where you found it.
- Pay while staying at camp.
- DEPOSIT: if reservation is made within 6 months of arrival date we will take 50% of your total fee to reserve the space. If prior to 6 months of arrival date, send only 10% of the total.
- Cancellation: If you cancel your reservation 90 days in advance, we will keep only 10% of the price for your proposed stay and return the rest to you. Otherwise, please consider your deposit as a donation the ministry of Bethany Birches Camp.
- You do NOT need to clean.
- Some groups love this cost-saving option which is why we continue to provide it.
- Here’s the deal: if you’d like to save some money, you can clean according to our standards and receive a refund.
- You need to tell us at least two weeks in advance that you’ll be cleaning, otherwise we will schedule our staff/contractors to clean and charge you full rate.
- View the Facility Cleaning Check List(all buildings but cabin)
- View the Cabin Cleaning Check List(only cabin, no other buildings)
- Pets are NOT allowed in the Bethany Birches Camp Cabin, Pavilion Kitchen or Dale’s Lodge.
- Please pick up after your animal’s waste.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the buildings.
- If you choose to smoke outside please dispose of your butts cautiously and discretely – NOT ON THE GROUND.
Winter Rentals: We receive A LOT of snow in the winter. The property is on the top of a hill! Please plan to drive a 4WD or AWD vehicle or have chains for your two-wheel drive vehicle. Please ONLY use Lynds Hill Road during the winter months. Hale Hollow and any other GPS suggested route will not be passable.
Don’t hesitate to contact the office at 802-672-5220 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!